Exact has developed several apps for Exact Synergy Enterprise. One of these is the Field Service app. This app is already available for some time as part of the Exact Service Management solution for manufacturers and wholesale companies to streamline their complete service management process.
Posts Tagged ‘field service’
As of today the new Field Service App for working offline is in Controlled release.
Next to the existing Field service app, Exact offers now a new Field service app that doesn’t require an internet connection. This enables the service engineer to perform the tasks that are essential to do his job, even when he is on the road or on a location where no internet connection is available.
Today a new version of the Exact Field Service App become available in the Appstore. This new version comes with native iOS 7 support, which you will recognize easily. All controls in the App, like datepickers, and other pop-ups will now have the iOS7 look and feel.
This version contains small bug fixes and support for iOS 7.1.
The Field Service App is available for iPad with iOS 6 and above.
You can download the App here.
In the last phase of its controlled release, the Exact Field Service App received a well-deserved visual makeover. While the mobile team was busy improving the app, Apple released iOS 7 for the newer generation iPads, which changed the look and feel dramatically. We are proud to announce that the overhauled Field Service app now matches the new look of iOS7.
We also took this opportunity to make the Field Service app match the appearance of the new Synergy CRM App (which is being wrapped up as we write, we cannot wait to release!). Although the main focus was on the visual appearance of the interface, we also took the opportunity to further improve the consistency and user experience. The colors, buttons and icons should be recognizable to future Exact CRM users and they make the Field Service app feel as “part of the family”; a family of Exact Synergy Apps that will certainly grow rapidly as we enter 2014!
Enjoy some comparison shots between the initial version (left) we published at the start of the controlled release and the freshly suited-up version (right) that we will release early next year.
Click the thumbnail to view a larger version.
Exact is currently developing a new Service Management solution. More and more customers are working daily with the new service management solution and we are nearing the end of controlled release phase for integrated scenario.
We are about to launch the controlled release phase of the iPad tablet application for service engineers.
Our research showed that most of you want to provide the field service engineer with a tablet device so they can do their job easier, faster and be more efficient. Tablets are an excellent choice for this goal, they are affordable, easy and fun to use triggering engineers to do the realization and administration on time and correctly.
The iPad tablet application has all information your service engineer needs:
- Addresses and contacts information
- The ability to navigate to the service address
- The machine, the machine’s history and technical manuals
- Problem & solutions for the machine involved
- Remarks on the service job from planner and service desk.
- Planned hours and materials which can be predefined by the planner and adjusted by the service engineer.
- Have their work signed off by the customer and directly email the service slip.
Working with us to improve the app even further is highly appreciated. As controlled release customer of the service management solution you can immediately apply for the controlled release program of the tablet application with your Exact representative.
For our Dutch customers: I will be at Exact Live ’12 with my iPad!
Think an iPad is fragile? image source NOTE: Actual product may differ from from the screenshots above.
The Android Field Service App for working offline is now in Controlled release.
Next to the App for iOS, now also the Field Service Offline App for Android is available in Controlled Release. Exact is offering an App that doesn’t require an internet connection. This enables the service engineer to perform the tasks that are essential to do his job, even when he is on the road or on a location where no internet connection is available.
The App offers the following:
• View the planning
• Get information about the job, such as the address of the customer, the contact, the phone number, etc
• View information about the configuration and problem.
• Register what he has done and enter hours and materials used and sign off the job
To be able to use this App, you need Exact Synergy Enterprise product update 254 or higher, and Android 4.0 or higher. The Android App will work on both tablet and phone. If you want to start using this new App, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Exact Field Service App is already used by many customers today. Statistics show that more and more service oriented organizations equip their service engineers with an iPad rather than paper files. They have seen the benefits of linking the activities of their service engineers directly in the back-office. It allows them to approve the activity for invoicing, send a confirmation email to the client when the job has been done and always have an update planning ready for the engineer. Also all stock movements made by the engineer are directly managed in the back-office and never lose track of a signed service order again!
Version 2.0 of the Field Service App offers new features and an improved user interface. Most obvious changes are:
- A new activity can be created from the service order. This way the engineer can send a message to the internal organization when he thinks there is a need for it. This can be that maintenance of a machine is very poor, that he sees an opportunity to replace the existing machine by another one or to request the planner to plan a follow-up appointment at the customer side. Note that user cannot create a new service activity.
- The Field Service App can be secured by the use of a pin code. In the setting, the engineer can define his pin code. Now every time the App is used, a pin code needs to be filled in first.
- The user interface has been adjusted. Goal is to make the service order screen easier to use. This has been done by cleaning up the screen and offer only that information the engineer needs most. Note that all information is still there, only not directly in your face.
- Get informed when an item you want to add to the service order is blocked (only available with latest PU 252 update)
Besides these new features there are hundreds of small adjustments in this version of the Field Service App. Some adjustments are visible, most are not. Have a look and feel the difference!
important: As mentioned, a lot of changes have been made in the App. The communication with the Synergy back-office is improved and fully runs via web services now, just like the other new Apps that are launched this year. Because of this change it is required to open up the web services in your Synergy back-office. You can do this in the Web services settings menu, located in the System tab. Check the ‘Exclude web services function rights’ setting and make sure all checkboxes in the right column are checked. When this is done run an IISreset and you’re save and done! The ‘Exclude web services function rights’ setting allows users to use the web services mentioned in the right column based on their Synergy roles and rights.
As of today, a new Field Service App is available in the Apple App Store (Requires Exact Globe Next 407, Exact Synergy Enterprise 252 and Service Management module).
The following new features have been added:
- The look and feel of the Field Service App have been updated and is in line with the new Exact CRM App;
- Search screen for adding materials remains active until you have finished the entry. The advantage is that all material can quickly be entered without reopening the screen every time;
- When adding materials you can also search by item code. For frequently used items, the service engineer often knows the item number by heart. Like searching by description, the percentage sign (%) can be used as so-called wildcard. If it is known that an article starts with ‘123’ and slightly later ‘CMD’ you can search at ‘123%CMD’ and as an example article ‘123-4-KOPCMP’ is found;
- Selecting items from different warehouses is supported. When setting up Service Management, you can define the service engineer’s default warehouse and other warehouses he is allowed to use. For instance the service-van of the engineer. The default warehouse of the service engineer can be defined in the setup of Service Management as well as other warehouses that person has access to. Based on this setup, the service engineer can select the used items;
- Like in the previous Field Service App it is possible to register hours. The hour type can be selected and service engineer can also indicate which hours are within warranty;
- Displaying the request number on the iPad. When a service engineer consults a colleague in the office, it is very useful when the request number is known to quickly access the related information in Synergy Enterprise.
The Exact Field Service App version 1.0 is supported from Exact Globe Next 407 in combination with Exact Synergy Enterprise 252 (update on or after February 7h ,2014). The Service Management module is required. The Controlled Release version of the Field Service App (version 0.93) does not work with these system requirements. Please make sure you remove the previous version and install the latest version 1.0 of the Field Service App via the Apple App Store.
It’s been a while since we have published an article dedicated to enhancements on Service Management. In this blog I would like to inform you about some highlights that you can expect in the next Exact Synergy Enterprise release, product update 251, which is expected in the second quarter of this year.
- The display of information and change of planning on the Dispatch board are much faster. The database has been optimized which has resulted in an improvement of the overall performance for Service Management;
- Several changes have been made on the Customize page of the Dispatch board. Options are added to requests (for instance project, early invoicing, serial number and item), to Service activities (such as various descriptions, and problem code) and to Service lines (engineer, planned hours, etcetera);
- Changes have been made to the indexation, prolongation, and invoicing of Service contracts;
- Various report templates are supported for contract documents, Service slips, and Service activities;
- We enhanced the Service request. Serial numbers in Service activity are hyperlinked, contract type has been added for Service configurations, resource or material lines can be canceled in edit mode and some more things we will update you about later in the product update 251 summary, which becomes available to all customers;
- Also on Exact Globe Next side, in product update 406, significant improvements have been made to further enhance the logic behind the implementation of Service configuration in sales orders.
For the exact release date of the Exact Synergy Enterprise product update 251, please keep a close eye on this blog.
Image by supakitmod on FreeDigitalPhotos.net
We have got news for you, and the news today is about service management.
If you are a customer of Exact, and you are using the field service solution in Synergy ASP, you must have been wondering what awaits you in the future. If you are not yet a customer, and just shopping around, do read on, there might be something interesting for you as well.
We would like to announce that Exact has started working on a successor for the existing field service solution.
Now, we want to be very clear about the word successor from the beginning. We are checking which features of the existing field service solution should make it into the successor and which should be discarded, improved or redesigned from scratch. We are also open to cooperation with partners on integrating the new service management solution with their products to make it even a better fit. We are doing an immense amount of research and investigation.
But it is not about us. It is about you!
We do have strong opinions on what the new service management solution should be, but we want to deliver a solution that you, as a customer, will recognize as a solid fit for servicing the products you sell.
Therefore, now is a good time to ask you what you expect us to deliver.
In the course of this month, we will run a survey among companies that use our field service solution in Synergy ASP. This is a detailed, but important survey, so we will be very thankful if you find time to complete it. Based on what we have learned, we will continue with talking to the individual customers face to face about their needs and expectations.
What if you are not an Exact customer, but you are looking around for a good solution for service management? If you are under time pressure, you can use our existing solution in Synergy ASP. It is proven by the market and is deployed by numerous companies in wholesale trade and manufacturing pretty much everywhere in the world. If you are willing to wait and co-develop with us, please let us know.
In either case, if you have thoughts on what the ideal service management solution should be like, then this is your opportunity to voice them. Please take a look at the survey or send us an email to meet up and discuss.