Exact Online Starter is a perfect tool to increase online collaboration between the accountant and their/his client. The accountant is still responsible to do the bookkeeping, while the client has control over its business wherever and whenever he is. Based on customer feedback we bring Exact Online Starter to the next level with reminders, digital invoicing and mobile notifications.
Exact Online introduces an easy way for accountants to recommend Exact Online. A new overview is added to the new ‘Accountancy Dashboard’ and ‘My Exact Online’.
Why? To enable the advising role, we help accountants to invite non-existing Exact Online customers to subscribe Exact Online. By this innovation accountants are able to strengthen their customer relationship and online collaboration which is part of the Exact Accountancy Partner Program.
What? Accountants are able to invite non-existing Exact Online customers for a trial or commercial subscription of Exact Online Accounting or Industry Solutions.
The recommendation of Exact Online can be based on the following scenario’s:
- entrepreneur is able to subscribe Exact Online which is invoiced to the accountant. The offering via the accountant can be based on his own price condition.
- entrepreneur is able to take a trial on Exact Online which is invoiced to the accountant. The offering via the accountant can be based on his own price condition.
- entrepreneur is able to take a trial on Exact Online which is invoiced to entrepreneur. He is direct linked after subscription with accountant.
- entrepreneur is able to subscribe Exact Online which is invoiced to entrepreneur. He is direct linked with accountant.
How does it work? Via the ‘Accountancy Dashboard’ or ‘My Exact Online’ the accountant has an overview of the linked clients on an Exact Online product-level. By using the invitation button a wizard help the accountant to select the product, kind of contract and invoice debtor.
The accountant is able to personalize the invitation and send it to the client. When subscribing the accountant and client are direct linked.
This innovation is available via Early access for all users of Exact Online Accountancy in all countries .
Many entrepreneurs use the automatic Rabobank-connection via Exact Online for their daily bank transactions. We frequently got the question to support this feature as well via the Exact Online iPad Starter. Because customer feedback is very valuable for us, we now added this innovation for users of the Exact Online iPad Starter.
By introducing an easy way to pay invoices smoothly via the iPad, entrepreneurs keep control over their financial process and can see which purchase invoices have been paid or need to be paid. As well the administration and management information is direct up to date after payment.
The setup is based on the automatic bank-connection of Rabobank we already offer for Exact Online Starter via the browser and Exact Online Accounting Advanced.
Users will now be able:
- to pay a Purchase invoice at the purchase list with the option to adjust an IBAN number, payment reference and payment date;
- to see a time line at purchase invoice;
- to check the invoice details;
- to see in a split second which invoices need to be paid, are entered and uploaded .
This feature is now available in Exact Online Starter for iPad version 2.4.0 and is available via the App Store.
By using the new iPad App it is even more easy to run your business via Exact Online Starter.
Many entrepreneurs use the Exact Online iPad App to get control over their business. Back home or when traveling. Besides a comprehensive overview of all financial data and access to customer data, Exact Online Starter users are now able to run their business by invoicing their clients after the project has been delivered.
Direct invoicing via the iPad
The iPad app for Exact Online Starter has been enhanced with the following innovations:
- Take care of the online invoicing via your iPad -> a very user-friendly way to create a sales invoice or credit invoice via the iPad app;
- Enter additional purchase information when uploading a receipt or invoice for your accountant.
The new iPad app is available in the App Store.
Exact Online introduces the Accountancy Center; a market place where the entrepreneurs can search and select an accountant.
In this product blog I explain how the Accountancy Center has been set up and how an accountant can set up and maintain his profile.
How does it work?
A great advantage of working in the cloud is the collaboration between accountant and his clients. But how to find the right accountant? The Accountancy Center will help you. Via this innovation it is now possible to search a suitable accountant via our website, Exact Online Starter, Exact Online Accounting and our Industry Solutions.
Easy, isn’t it? You are able to search an accountant nearby of based on their expertise.
After selecting the accountant, he will receive a request to link your company via it’s workflow. In the meantime the accountant will contact you to discuss how to collaborate. Will your accountant be in charge of the whole accounting, tax declaration. Or you might want to do it yourself? Within Exact Online you can collaborate with your accountant as you want it.
After accepting the request to collaborate you and your accountant will be linked and you can proceed the collaboration within Exact Online.
How to create a profile?
As an accountant it is very easy to set up and maintain your profile. Go to ‘Exact Online’ of your Exact Online Accountancy subscription. Click next on the tab ‘Accountancy Center’.
Via the Accountancy Center you are able to set up your profile and classifications. After saving the profile, it will be presented straight away in the Accountancy Center.
Do you have more subsidiairies? No worries. You can decide to set up one profile with multiple locations. As well you can upload multiple profiles.
The Accountancy Center is already live in the Netherlands. In Q1 2014 the Accountancy Center will also be available in Belgium, UK and Germany.
To be able to work as efficient as possible Exact Online already offers a lot of features like scan & recognise, bank connections and template management. By introducing Mail2ExactOnline another milestone has been achieved: store (batches of) invoices, mails and documents in Exact Online by e-mail.
Why? Many multi-functional printers have nowadays the option to mail scanned documents. As well more and more invoices are received electronic (PDF) and mail. Currently Exact Online users need to download documents before uploading in Exact Online.
By the introduction of Mail2ExactOnline, the ease to add (batches of) invoices, mails and documents in Exact Online will increase significant. This innovation enables accountants and their clients to automate the entry process furthermore and to store mails and documents in the dossier in an ease way.
What? By introducing Mail2ExactOnline accountants and entrepreneurs can send all kind of documents, invoices and receipts by mail or via the multi-functional printers direct to the digital postbox of Exact Online.
When the scan & recognise service has been activated purchase and sales invoices are automatically transferred to the service. CRM-related documents, like proposals, mails, contracts etc., are direct allocated to the supplier or customer card in Exact Online.
When? Mail2ExactOnline is now general available in Exact Online in all countries.
We introduced a new Accountancy Dashboard to help accountants to get aboard with Exact Online smoothly. The new user-driven Accountancy Dashboard is another milestone of our Accounting Core project to optimize the getting started process of accountants and entrepreneurs.
We will improve the first steps when getting started with Exact Online Accountancy and also will increase the use of new innovations by the current base.
The dashboard concentrates on the persona ‘accountancy partner’ and ‘team leader’ and includes the following widgets:
- company management: manage your internal and linked companies, including a way to see direct which companies have no scan & recognize and automatic bank link included to be able to increase the automation level of the accountancy practice. By adding a filter to the Accountancy Dashboard, the user is able to change and filter the companies he wants to monitor (all companies versus my companies). The information shown in the Accountancy Dashboard will change, so that he can focus on my companies;
- by adding this widget the teamleader / partner gets up to date information which companies and processes need attention. The widget shows which invoices and bank statements need to be processes and which companies need attention due to exceeded deadlines. Via the Accountancy Dashboard the user is able to drill down to (new) overviews to take action.
- uality management: manage the exceptions within your accountancy practice based on the indicators setup via continuous monitoring;
- requests and notifications: one overview including all collaboration requests and questions from customers which can be followed up directly;
- a direct link to the Accountancy Partner program.
The new Accountancy Dashboard is General available in all countries.
Many entrepreneurs already use the Exact Online for iPad Starter to get control over their business. Back home or when traveling. It will be possible soon to use your iPad app to communicate with your accountant as well.
Questions can be send easily via the iPad app to the accountant with all communication being stored in the cloud. This innovation will increase the online collaboration between the accountant and it’s client.
We will launch the following innovations for Exact Online for iPad Starter:
- communicate with your accountant via the iPad app. A client can easily send a question via the iPad. All correspondence with the accountant has been stored in Exact Online;
- an accountant can get approval of a predefined VAT Overview (based on financial year and period) via his client;
- Find and select an accountant (without subscribe option) for entrepreneurs via the Accountancy Center.
A month ago we launched:
- Take care of the online invoicing via your iPad -> a very user-friendly way to create a sales invoice or credit invoice via the iPad app after finishing a project;
- Enter additional purchase information when uploading a receipt or invoice for your accountant to improve efficiency.
This innovation will be available in the App Store in the beginning of August for users of Exact Online Starter.
This week we launched the possibility for entrepreneurs to subscribe Exact Online Starter in the Benelux and UK. Via this productblog I explain what this milestone means for accountants and their clients using Exact Online Starter.
What is Exact Online Starter?
Exact Online Starter is a solution for sole traders, start-ups and small entrepreneurs to collaborate with their accountant and get control over their business by having real-time information, a way to upload receipts and send sales invoices.
Besides the current offering where Exact Online Starter is part of the accountancy subscription, we introduce now a solution to offer and invoice Exact Online Starter directly to the entrepreneur. When linking to an accountant the entrepreneur can select whether to “handover” the subscription and related invoice to the accountant or keep it himself. This solution will include mail and online help support (no telephone support).
The entrepreneur has the opportunity to start with Exact Online Starter . After subscribing, a link with an accountant needs to be made. A suitable accountant can be found via the Accountancy Centre. The Accountancy Centre is a service where accountants can upload their profile via My Exact Online and where entrepreneurs can find an accountant based on location and/or expertise.
After selecting, the accountant is able to accept the request to collaborate. For the accountant this is a new way to generate leads. A selection of an accountant is mandatory within a period of 60 days.
By making it possible to offer and invoice Exact Online Starter direct to the entrepreneur, we will accelerate our market execution within the low end as well as accountancy market. Next to that the collaboration between the entrepreneur and accountant will be stimulated.
For more information about Exact Online Starter and the Accountancy Centre, please visit the Exact Online website.