I briefly wanted to update you all on the main features we are releasing in the coming release (249) for the Exact Configurator. I will take you through the main changes for this release:
1. Added a button “Generate repository”
The reason we added this button is that when you want to update while you are configuring your solution, the repository wasn’t generated yet. As of now you have control to make sure your repository files are there and you can update your environment without losing your configuration.
2. Exposing web service
The web service for your entity can now be exposed. Please note that this doesn’t fully make your webservice work yet on a customer environment. You will need to do some configuration of your web service. More of this is explained in this document.
3. Implement Parent Child structure
Like the functionality that is currently offered on projects, this is now available in the configurator. You can link any entity to another entity and create a parent child sturcture.
For creating this in the configurator there are a number of steps to be taken:
– Create a parent entity (do NOT check the Use children option)
– Generate the entity
– Create a child entity
– Add a field of the type reference, referencing it to the parent entity.
– Generate the entity
– Save a layout for the child entity (manage entity cards)
– Edit the ‘parent’ entity.
– Check the ‘Use children’ option
– Save the entity
– Add the child in the children section
– Re-generate the parent entity.
– Save the layout for the parent entity.
And as a result you have your parent child structure for your entities.
4. Message personalization
In the validation editor we have now created the possibility to enter your own error message.
5. Field type autonumber
With this field type you can autonumber your key field (which you can now change it’s type for as long as you haven’t saved your entity) and therefore hide it from your card and still have a unique record key.
These were 5 of our 18 product improvements for release 249.
Should you have any questions about this solution, do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or add comments to this post.