We are constantly working on improving the new user interface. In product update 247, which will be generally available in the fourth quarter of this year, we are focusing on the following things:
- Supporting all available roles Synergy Enterprise offers. This means that every single person who works with the standard functionality of Synergy is able to work in the new Synergy environment. The user can easily switch back to Synergy Enterprise via the link ‘Switch to Synergy Enterprise’;
- The work processes of the Synergy User and Employee Self Service roles are fully aligned with the new interface. We only present functionality (buttons, links, menus, etcetera) related to the roles and rights of the user. For these types of users it is really easy to start working in the new design;
- Cockpits. Depending on your Synergy license, you as a user can easily create cockpits yourself. We offer you a wizard with a lot of widgets in various categories and also four pre-defined templates: CRM, HRM, Projects and Finance. You can generate as many cockpits as you want, and also maintain them;
- A Reporting Services Widget will be available which you can add to your homepage or cockpit. In this widget you can show reports which are created in Reporting Services. By doing this, you always have actual data on you dashboard at your fingertips. For further details about Reporting Services Integration in Synergy, please read the blog post of Sunil Girdhari;
- A new Mega menu structure which is aligned with the functionality we offer in the menus of Synergy Enterprise. To achieve a suitable layout of the content, we did research among different types of users.
The plans for product update 248, which will be available next year, are to focus on three main topics:
- Customization of the new Synergy design;
- CRM User role fully aligned with the new interface;
- Offering style sheets or a color picker.
Your feedback on the new Synergy design is always welcome! Please do not hesitate to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on this post.