As per general availability of Exact Globe product update 401, our warehouse management solution (WMS) has been enhanced with stock keeping units (SKU) functionality. This functionality is currently offered in an extended controlled release phase. SKU functionality will become standard within E-WMS Replenishment after controlled release.
SKU management enables you to tag any stock unit in your warehouse with a unique number, a kind of ‘license plate’. Instead of scanning warehouse, location, item, batch number and quantity per individual item, you now only have to scan one unique number. In that way it becomes possible to register and trace complete sets of goods from reception, making your warehousing efficiency improve rapidly. This unique number is generated and the label printed during the stock reception processes.
- Higher efficiency and accuracy in handling processes.
- One SKU number results in reduction of errors.
- FIFO/LIFO picking advice possibilities based on the SKU reception date.
- The possibility to advice ‘full pallets’ directly from bulk locations instead of picking locations.
- Enhanced tracing since SKU transaction history remains available.