In an earlier post I wrote about the changes Exact has made in Exact Globe product update 395, in order to improve performance. Currently, this product update is under Controlled release and running in a live environment at selected customers.
One of Exact’s largest Globe customers in terms of number of users (>200), transactions and database size has been running live with product update 395 for a few weeks and we asked them for their feedback on the performance. Here’s the result they gave us:
- Performance improvement General ledger card: 100% (twice as fast)
- Performance of the opening balance calculation in the bank journal: 100%
- Performance improvement debtor/creditor card: 100%
- Performance improvement stock positions overview: 100%
- Performance improvement in logistics in general: 100%
- Overall performance improvement: 70%
Especially the last percentage is encouraging because it shows users notice an overall improvement of the system’s responsiveness. We’re very interested in more feedback on customer’s experiences with 395 and are gathering that continuously. If you have any experiences with 395 or feedback on this topic, feel free to comment.
Disclaimer: Any of the performance results indicated are the result for this customer’s situation. There is no guarantee that similar results can be realized on a different database using another client, server and network configuration.