The blog post ‘What should I fill in under IBAN?’ already tells you how you can fill in the IBAN and BIC for new debtors or creditors. But what should you do with existing bank account numbers?
In order to update the bank account numbers of your existing accounts with the correct IBAN and BIC, the IBAN BIC service tool is available. This tool can be used to export the Dutch bank account information (bank accounts of the type ‘NL’, ‘GNL’, ‘PB’ and ‘GBP’) of your accounts from your company. The exported file can then be sent to the IBAN BIC service of the Dutch Association of Banks. Finally, you can import the edited file back into your company.
Export and import
Updating the bank account numbers can be achieved by following the steps below:
- Start the IBAN BIC service tool.
- Define the filter criteria and select Start.
- The export file has now been created. You can find this in the BIN-folder of your Exact Globe Next installation.
- The exported file can then be sent to the IBAN BIC service of the Dutch Association of Banks (https://www.ibanbicservice.nl).
- The edited file you receive can then be imported into your administration again by using the same tool.
NB: this functionality is available from Product Update 400.