With this Exact now offers a new app that doesn’t require an internet connection. This enables the service engineer to perform the tasks that are essential to do his job, even when he is on the road or on a location where no internet connection is available.
Posts Tagged ‘service management’
Today a new version of the Exact Field Service App become available in the Appstore. This new version comes with native iOS 7 support, which you will recognize easily. All controls in the App, like datepickers, and other pop-ups will now have the iOS7 look and feel.
This version contains small bug fixes and support for iOS 7.1.
The Field Service App is available for iPad with iOS 6 and above.
You can download the App here.
In the last phase of its controlled release, the Exact Field Service App received a well-deserved visual makeover. While the mobile team was busy improving the app, Apple released iOS 7 for the newer generation iPads, which changed the look and feel dramatically. We are proud to announce that the overhauled Field Service app now matches the new look of iOS7.
We also took this opportunity to make the Field Service app match the appearance of the new Synergy CRM App (which is being wrapped up as we write, we cannot wait to release!). Although the main focus was on the visual appearance of the interface, we also took the opportunity to further improve the consistency and user experience. The colors, buttons and icons should be recognizable to future Exact CRM users and they make the Field Service app feel as “part of the family”; a family of Exact Synergy Apps that will certainly grow rapidly as we enter 2014!
Enjoy some comparison shots between the initial version (left) we published at the start of the controlled release and the freshly suited-up version (right) that we will release early next year.
Click the thumbnail to view a larger version.
Service Management customers with many small-scale Service activities usually have a lot of activities that need to be authorized and realized every day. These are often in-house activities such as calibrating instruments, modifications, small repairs, etcetera. This process is currently handled per request, which means a lot of processing time.
To facilitate this process handling we have built two new Service Management pages with overviews of Service activities that can be authorized or realized. The use is very simple. Use the checkbox to select all Service activities in the list that can be authorized or realized or select activities individually. With one press of a button the activities processed. This saves you a lot of mouse clicks and time!
This functionality will be available from product update 252, which is expected for commercial availability early January 2014. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to leave a reply.
It’s been a while since we have published an article dedicated to enhancements on Service Management. In this blog I would like to inform you about some highlights that you can expect in the next Exact Synergy Enterprise release, product update 251, which is expected in the second quarter of this year.
- The display of information and change of planning on the Dispatch board are much faster. The database has been optimized which has resulted in an improvement of the overall performance for Service Management;
- Several changes have been made on the Customize page of the Dispatch board. Options are added to requests (for instance project, early invoicing, serial number and item), to Service activities (such as various descriptions, and problem code) and to Service lines (engineer, planned hours, etcetera);
- Changes have been made to the indexation, prolongation, and invoicing of Service contracts;
- Various report templates are supported for contract documents, Service slips, and Service activities;
- We enhanced the Service request. Serial numbers in Service activity are hyperlinked, contract type has been added for Service configurations, resource or material lines can be canceled in edit mode and some more things we will update you about later in the product update 251 summary, which becomes available to all customers;
- Also on Exact Globe Next side, in product update 406, significant improvements have been made to further enhance the logic behind the implementation of Service configuration in sales orders.
For the exact release date of the Exact Synergy Enterprise product update 251, please keep a close eye on this blog.
Image by supakitmod on FreeDigitalPhotos.net
As of today the new Field Service App for working offline is in Controlled release.
Next to the existing Field service app, Exact offers now a new Field service app that doesn’t require an internet connection. This enables the service engineer to perform the tasks that are essential to do his job, even when he is on the road or on a location where no internet connection is available.
As of today, a new Field Service App is available in the Apple App Store (Requires Exact Globe Next 407, Exact Synergy Enterprise 252 and Service Management module).
The following new features have been added:
- The look and feel of the Field Service App have been updated and is in line with the new Exact CRM App;
- Search screen for adding materials remains active until you have finished the entry. The advantage is that all material can quickly be entered without reopening the screen every time;
- When adding materials you can also search by item code. For frequently used items, the service engineer often knows the item number by heart. Like searching by description, the percentage sign (%) can be used as so-called wildcard. If it is known that an article starts with ‘123’ and slightly later ‘CMD’ you can search at ‘123%CMD’ and as an example article ‘123-4-KOPCMP’ is found;
- Selecting items from different warehouses is supported. When setting up Service Management, you can define the service engineer’s default warehouse and other warehouses he is allowed to use. For instance the service-van of the engineer. The default warehouse of the service engineer can be defined in the setup of Service Management as well as other warehouses that person has access to. Based on this setup, the service engineer can select the used items;
- Like in the previous Field Service App it is possible to register hours. The hour type can be selected and service engineer can also indicate which hours are within warranty;
- Displaying the request number on the iPad. When a service engineer consults a colleague in the office, it is very useful when the request number is known to quickly access the related information in Synergy Enterprise.
The Exact Field Service App version 1.0 is supported from Exact Globe Next 407 in combination with Exact Synergy Enterprise 252 (update on or after February 7h ,2014). The Service Management module is required. The Controlled Release version of the Field Service App (version 0.93) does not work with these system requirements. Please make sure you remove the previous version and install the latest version 1.0 of the Field Service App via the Apple App Store.
Service Management allows users to manage multiple service activities within one service order. Customer feedback shows that for a lot of business processes only one service activity applies, knowing upfront who is the service engineer and the material that is needed.
From product update 252, which is expected for commercial availability early January 2014, we are introducing a new ‘Service order (single)’ request. This service order supports one service activity type per request and one or more service engineers and material lines. The service order request displays all information regarding the request and the corresponding activity in one screen. The user can define the layout (if user rights are granted) to show information in tabs or as page sections.
Click on the screenshots below to enlarge.
- Support of a simpler user interface for registration and managing service requests involving one activity only;
- A service order request only registers, plans and manages one service activity in the main service order request screen;
- More prefilled (defaulted) service order information in the request to reduce number of key entries of the end user. This will make it easier to enter a request and will avoid users to make mistakes.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to leave a reply on this blog.
In most cases Service Management customers are having a lot of Service configurations for every account in their administration. In every Service request, an extensive list of Service configurations is generated what affects CPU usage. In this situation we advise you to use Projects which can be linked to the configurations.
In the Service Order request we have built a filter on the available Service configurations that are linked to a particular Project. The benefit is that the system does not have to retrieve a large amount of data which improves the response time significantly. This functionality will be available in Exact Synergy Enterprise product update 252.
How does it work? In the Service order request there is a ‘Project’ field.
By filtering on ‘Project’, only the Service configurations that are linked to the Project – in this example we have linked to project ‘P001’ – will be shown in the Configurations section.
In case there are no configurations linked to the selected Project, we present a notification so that the user understands why no data is presented.
If you have any questions, please leave a reply on this article.
As of now Exact Synergy Enterprise product update 249 and Exact Globe Next product update 404 are in controlled release. That means that these releases are now available for resellers as well as all controlled release customers. After a successful controlled release period we will announce both products generally available, planned for mid-June.
Responding to challenges and needs of professional services organizations we have extended our PSA offering with numerous enhancements which will allow users to work more efficiently, save costs and achieve higher margins. Among others we will offer now integration of WBS (work breakdown structure) and budgets, a new flexible project cockpit and the possibility to copy a scope of a project for easy project scope creation. Additionally, in this product update of Exact Synergy Enterprise we will launch a new Word Merge functionality that makes it easier to generate MS Word documents in which content from various entities from Exact Synergy Enterprise, such as accounts, projects and persons is automatically included. Moreover, we have extended Exact Synergy Enterprise with numerous enhancements, such as UX improvements, a solution to facilitate new Dutch holiday entitlement legislation and other improvements that have been developed based on direct feedback from our customers.
In Exact Globe Next we focused on facilitating the needs of our Wholesale customers; we have implemented numerous changes to the current functionality, such as improvements to E-WMS (release notes in tab Warehouse Management System). Additionally, after an extended controlled release period the B2B e-Commerce Portal will be generally available as of Exact Globe Next product update 404. To further extend the value proposition for customers in the Manufacturing field, we offer new solutions such as Exact Visual Scheduler (to be generally available) and back flushing for by-products. Moreover, we have extended Exact Globe Next with a large number of new features that facilitate changes in regional legislations and other enhancements that have been developed based on direct feedback from our customers.
Furthermore, in advance to launching Exact Globe Next product update 404 and Exact Synergy Enterprise product update 249 we have introduced numerous solution: Exact Synergy Enterprise Configurator and Central Master Data Management are now generally available. The Exact’s Service Management solution that strengthen wholesale and manufacturing companies is now in controlled release.
Please note that as a result of an extensive controlled release period and the feedback we received from our customers we have made a decision to change the name of Exact Globe to Exact Globe Next. What it means in practice is that when a customer decides to update his current Exact Globe, it will be updated to Exact Globe Next product update 404. An upgrade is not mandatory but when a customer decides to do so he will automatically benefit from the improvements of the Exact Globe Next version. Furthermore, he can request extended functionality that is standard in Exact Globe Next but not available without requesting it: Exact Synergy Enterprise with the Synergy user, integration with SSRS reports that offers real-time dashboard reports and a selection of alerts facilitated by Exact Event Manager. And a new menu/shell with state-of-the-art UX from which a user can operate all new and existing features. In the coming weeks we will provide more information on how this request process will work.
Should you have any questions regarding controlled release of Exact Synergy Enterprise product update 249 or Exact Globe Next product update 404, do not hesitate to comment on this blog post.