In an earlier post we talked about our plans to enhance our subscription engine. This month we released our new subscription card – designed to provide immediate visibility on everything related to the subscription. Contract conditions, current status, products embedded in the subscription bundle, invoices sent, etc. are now shown in a concise and clear way.
- Generate invoices every ‘x’ months or years. Previously you could only generate invoices per month, per quarter, or per (half) year. We added an invoice interval per period – facilitating more invoice options. For example, you can now generate invoices every 2, 3, 4, months or years.
- More flexibility to customize your subscription invoice. We will add notes to subscription header & lines – with an option to print these notes on your invoice.
- Purchase order (PO) reference number – Your customers may require invoices to be always sent with a clear reference to the order, so called PO number. To facilitate this need, we will add a possibility to register the customer PO number on the subscription and print it on an invoice. This will prevent from sending sales invoices without purchase order number. As a result you can expect fewer invoices to be rejected and more invoices to be paid faster.
- Classifications – The option to categorize subscriptions using a new classification field. For example, classifications can be used to group and report on similar subscription plans.
- Enhanced connectivity – Do you use specialized business applications or websites in which you want to show or handle subscription-related information? Earlier we added the possibility to im/export subscription data using XML. Next step is to support connectivity using so-called REST (Representational State Transfer) API technology.
Are you selling services using contracts or subscriptions? Do you want to manage your subscription business in the cloud using Exact Online? We welcome your feedback and ideas on how to better manage your monthly contracts, SLAs, software license or hosting contracts, and more! Just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch with you.