The Exact Synergy App version 1.1 and higher contains very nice features. One of them is the possibility to show SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports on your iPhone/iPad. Under a new menu, option ‘Reports’ you can view all your reports on your mobile IOS device. In this article I will explain how this can be done.
First of all you need to make sure that you have an environment with Exact Synergy Enterprise product update 244 or higher. Secondly the Reporting Services Integration solution needs to be enabled. Next you need to have the Exact Synergy App version 1.1 or higher installed on your mobile IOS device which is configured to connect to the Exact Synergy Enterprise environment. Now we can start with the required steps so that you can view the reports via the Exact Synergy App.
- Create the role with the description ‘Sneak preview iPhone’; if it doesn’t exists yet
- Assign this role to yourself; if it is not already assigned to you
- Open a report, check the ‘Show as web part’ option and save the report
- Repeat step 3 for all other reports you would like to view via the Exact Synergy App
- Go to your default Homepage
- Add a report widget
- Select the report you would like be shown in the report widget
- Enter a recognizable title for the report widget and save it
- Repeat steps 6, 7 and 8 for the other reports you would like to view via the Exact Synergy App
- Get your mobile IOS device and start the Exact Synergy App
- Select the tile ‘Reports’ and pick the report you would like to view
Now you can view reports anywhere and anytime!
We still have several ideas how to make this feature even more powerful and are open for feedback. Therefore this functionality is still only available via the ‘Sneak preview iPhone’ role for now.
Tip: Having a lot of reports on your default Homepage results in a longer loading time of it. You can reduce this by collapsing the report widgets so that they won’t be rendered when you access your default Homepage.
(Photo credit: Placeit)