Last week we introduced the CRM App at Exact Live. At this event I did a live demo on stage showing how fantastic this new App is. Visitors at this event also had the opportunity to play around with it them self, and the feedback we received is great!
At this moment we running the final tests and doing some last minute adjustment, as always. With this we are ready for the Controlled Release starting next month. Interesting to join the Controlled Release? Let me know via firstname.lastname@example.org
The first version of the CRM App will be available for iPhone and iPad. An Android version is planned for 2014.
- With this App we set a new standard for our Mobile offering. We aim to deliver a look & feel and usability equal to popular consumer Apps. Today this is quite unique for business apps.
- The functionality of the CRM App is spot-on. Where the App is useful for a big audience, we focused on the account manager. For him this App needs to be excellent. User research showed us how an account manager is doing his job and which information is most important to him. This is what we used to build the CRM App.
An account manager is focused on closing his deals, that’s what he is paid for. The CRM App will support the account manager by closing as much deals as possible by helping him to manage his work as good as possible and to give him insight in the information important to him. Some key features most important to the account manager are:
- His agenda: where does he need to be tomorrow?
- Managing his activities: What activities does he need to act on today?
- Insight in account information: What has happened last two month at the account I will be visiting tomorrow?
- Clear overview of his pending deals: Which deals are planned to be closed this month and which to I need to follow-up on today?
In an earlier blog post this year, I asked you what you would like to see in this new App. The feedback was enormous and become the most remarked blog post on the Exact product blog. It shows how important Mobile Apps are these days. From the features requested there, below is an overview of what we will offer in the first version of the CRM App. The improvements goes much further than this list only, but I think it’s fair to first react on your input. For which a big thanks to all of you.
- Add a new contact person to an account (also edit is available)
- Contact person search in main menu of the App
- Documents are easy to read
- document list show when a document has an attachment and can directly be opened from this list
- Document can be viewed from Employee-, Account-, Contact- and Opportunity-card, and main menu
- You can first select one of your 10 most used activity types when creating a new activity
- Easily process an activity and even easier to fill in the manadatory fields that belong to that step
- Inbox (workflow) can be sorted on start- and end-date or grouped by activity type
- Activities can be rejected, remarked, assigned and assumed
- Natural person is implemented
- Less clicks are needed to navigate through the App
- Calendar is beautiful and gives you a great overview of your planning and account you plan to visit
- Clear overview of your opportunities directly available from the main menu.
- Opportunities areshown on the account- and employee-card
- The employee card is much richer offering a calendar, overview of the team he is working in, his documents and workflow