From January 1st, Exact offers E-WMS Lite for Exact Globe Next.
E-WMS Lite is based on the existing solution E-WMS, but offers adjusted functionality for a smaller price.
E-WMS and E-WMS Lite offer barcode scanning support in your warehouse. By using item (and location) bar codes and bar code scanners, chance of picking errors is diminished. E-WMS can also help you in your order picking process, by guiding you to the products which will expire first, and E-WMS can optimize your location pick policy.
E-WMS offers a lot of possibilities, but that also means there are a lot of settings in which you configure your specific scenarios. That can make understanding E-WMS more difficult. One of the goals of the introduction of E-WMS Lite is to make the implementation easier by decreasing the number of settings.
One of the major differences of E-WMS Lite versus its big brother E-WMS is the support of multiple locations per item. E-WMS Lite is intended for companies who are using no warehouse locations, or at the most one fixed location per item.
The following processes are supported in E-WMS Lite:
- Purchase receipts
- Order picking
- Inventory count
Some of the features available in E-WMS Lite:
- Send purchase- or sales orders automatically to the picking queue, to be picked
- Support of batch items and serial number items
- You are able to generate a picking advice based on batch start- or end date (FIFO/FEFO)
- You are able to configure your location picking policy – less stops per order, or pick locations clean to make room for new stock
- Picking location advice is based only on the item main location, as defined in Exact Globe Next
- You are able to scan SSCC numbers during order picking, or even print SSCC labels during order picking (requires BarTender by Seagull Scientific)
- Inform your customer early about the shipped SSCC’s by using Exact E-EDI (requires E-EDI Delivery Note)
- Support of all bar codes also supported in E-WMS, such as CODE39, CODE128, UCC/EAN128, HIBC, QR / 2D / Datamatrix (depending content of the barcode and scan hardware supporting that barcode type)