Support of Hosted Exchange 2010 with Synergy Enterprise

Hosted Exchange 2010 is an upcoming trend. We see that more and more of our customers start using it or are looking into it.

For most small and midsize companies, the cost of running an Exchange environment ‘in-house’ is rather high. The implementation costs are high and you need staff to maintain it. This is the main reason why a lot of our customers get interested in Hosted Exchange.

As of product update 250, Synergy can be linked to a ‘Hosted Exchange 2010’ environment. The features available are the same as for linking Synergy to an ‘On premise Exchange 2010’ environment: two-way synchronization of appointments between Synergy and Outlook.

In general you can say that a ‘Hosted Exchange 2010’ environment means that your Exchange 2010 application is not within your own domain, but is hosted by a third party. An ‘On Premise Exchange 2010 environment’ means that you have your own Exchange 2010 application running.

Office 365 also offers Exchange functionality. This part of Office 365 is called Exchange Online. Exchange Online is not supported yet, but we did make all preparations during the development of Hosted Exchange. I expect to be able to support Exchange Online next year.

Tags: , , , ,

• Dave Kickken

Martin,
    Is it necassary to install any Exact software on the server of the hosted Exchange provider.

Dave, there is no need for that!

this is great news, as we have more and more customers in North America using and moving towards hosted exchange and office 365.

• Ferry Laurentiu

Indeed a great wish of several customers to use a hosted Exchange environment.
    Since more businesses are moving towards SaaS implementations and cloud solutions to do (part of) their business, this will be much appreciated.

• Phil Bini

Martin, nice work by you and your team in getting this done!

• Michel Hengstmengel

Martin,

Can you help me with the following case.

There is a client (franchisor) that has 1 ESE enviroment with 20 companies (20 databases). The 20 franchisees have there own Exchange/Off 365 enviroments on 20 external DIFFERENT domains. They want to use the link between ESE and Exchange for the synchronization of appointments between Synergy and Outlook. At this moment the have to enter appointments both in ESE and in Outlook.

I understood that at this moment only one Exchange enviroment can be entered in the synchronisation settings for Synergy and Outlook an we needs to be able to enter 20 ESE databases and 20 Exchange addresses.

Can you help me solve this problem?

Hi Michel, at this moment this feature is not supported. I will add it to the list of requested features.

• Menno Verbon

When will the Office 365 (Exchange Online) be supported?

• Ruud Aalders

Hi Menno,

Exchange 2013 is on the roadmap for next year. For Office 365 we are running several research programs. Can you be more specifc on what Office 365 plan you are referring to?

• Erik

Hello is it possible to use smtp server from office 365 with globe next, to sent invoices for example?

• Ruud Aalders

Hi Erik,

we don’t support office 365 officially yet. As long as you have the local installation of office 365 you are able to do the same as in for example office 2010. But officially the answer is that we don’t support office 365 yet.

• Sigurd

Last year you posted that it would take a year. Is it possible give a new estimate on when this will be ready?

• AVENO

I second that comment. more and more clients are moving to office365.

Please update us with a new timeline

thanks

• Ruud Aalders

Hi Sigurd and Aveno,

I understand you have a lot of questions about office 365. Basically what we will support is office 365 as long as the client part is available.

For Exchange Online, we are currently running pilots and things are looking good.

If you would like more details on the different office 365 packages feel free to drop me an email (ruud.aalders@exact.com).

• Carlo Cervetti

Hi Martin,
    I see Menno Verbon already posted this question last year. Most likely on my demand.
    Until today I do not have an answer to this question and I’m a bit upset with it. I focussed all my investments for the new servers on the fact that the office 365 – exchange online and the SOI would be available januari 2014.
    I contacted your helpdesk this week and they cannot even confirm that it will be implemented this year!
    This means in my specific situation:
    Additional hardware contract on a server, additional support contract for this server. Had to search for older type discs as they were almost full. It’s an Exchange 2003 and Microsoft will shortly stop supporting it.
    I have to make a descision soon on what to do.
    Please confirm me if this demand will be implemented this year YES/NO!

Greetings,

Carlo Cervetti

• Dave

We are now doing tests with Office 365 (Exchange online) and the first results (mail merge) looks fine. The next step on our planning is the synchronization between the agenda