Enhancements in the Synergy Office Integration

Enhancements in the Synergy Office Integration

In Exact Synergy Enterprise product update 248 (general available) we have improved the ease of use and speed of Exact Synergy Office Integration. We have also took a direct customer feedback into consideration which resulted in the following improvements. As of now Synergy Office Integration allows you to automatically save emails from certain folders directly to Exact Synergy Enterprise, based on a template set for those folders. You also have a possibility to deactivate option of automatic mapping of a contact person when saving an email. Moreover, Synergy Office Integration has been enhanced with numerous features, such as option to save multiple emails at once and pop-up notification to ask user to save an outgoing email.

Please watch the video below, to see how the new enhancements work.

Please let us know if you have any feedback.

Tags: , ,

I like this feature the most, “automatically save emails from certain folders directly”. I have setup a personal folder, which saves my personal documents with HR security = 100. I also added tags. I can also see setting up Project folders which will save to my most active projects.

• Darren Fessey

I think the new features in the Synergy Office Integrator are great but it does seem to still have a very big flaw?

That ‘big flaw’ being that an ‘Account Manager’ can press the ‘More>Download Contacts’ button to download all of his accounts into Outlook then Export that Data from Outlook and potentially walk away with a huge chunk of very valuable customer information.

There does not appear to be any mechanism for disabling or hiding the button or of any security settings in Synergy Enterprise for restricting the access to the data.

Can someone at Exact recommend a solution?

Hi Darren, it is indeed not possible to block the usage of this.

• Darren Fessey

Hi Martin

With so many rights and roles to control the user environment within Synergy it seems a bit of an oversight not to have ANY controls for the Synergy Office Integration?

The security of our data is a BIG issue within my organisation and I feel pretty sure it must be an issue for others.

Is this something Exact is working on?

• Ronald Voets

Hi Darren, if an account manager can see the data in Exact Synergy, he could also do a Select All>> copy>>paste into any other local document. So limiting it in Office integration will not solve the topic you describe

• Gary@VCD

Martin, would you mind looking at
    Solution Feedback – 42.540.655
    Solution Feedback – 42.540.840

• Darren Fessey

Hi Martin

Thanks for coming back to me. I have just found time to have a look at what you were talking about.

You presumably are talking about the ‘Accounts: Search’ screen where you can include any customer fields in the columns that you like.

There is no limit on the number of records you can show in this screen – I asked ours to show 25,000 records and it did!!… I guess I could have asked it to show more records but its a bit academic at that stage.

And yes, I could highlight them, copy and paste them exactly as you described.

This does indeed cancel out the issue of the button in the SOI – but NOT in a good way.

There appears to be no way to limit the number of records returned on a ‘per page’ basis and no HTML in place to stop the copying of those records?

This just feels “a little too easy”…

• Jamie

Hi Martin

Are you able to advise if SOI will ever be supported for x64 MS Office 2010?

regards

Jamie

Jamie, we’re looking at this right now, but cannot tell you yet whether we will going to support it. I’ll have to get back to you about this via a reply on this post.

We have done some research on supporting Office 2010 64 bit support. Based on the outcomes of this research, we plan to support Office 2010 64 bit as with the next product update of Synergy Enterprise (251)