Exact Synergy App for iPhone 1.1 available now!

Version 1.1 of the iPhone app is out. Download it from the App Store NOW! For our Exact Product Blog readers we’ll describe below how to activate the sneak preview of the dashboard functionality on your iPhone or iPad. You can find more details below.

Version 1.1 is a result of big improvements, which at first sight are not always visible. After the update, your app will still look the same.

Some nice improvements which are done based on direct customer feedback are:

• Add your time stamp in your workflow remarks.
  • The handling of time off has been improved, to make it clear for you that your time off has been submitted and is waiting for approval.
  • For first time users, we simplified the login procedure.
  • The iPad can be used in landscape mode, which is a must for users with integrated keyboards.
  • 100+ other small enhancements, like the way you set the security level and priority in a request

One big new feature is the availability of dashboards to be shown on your iPhone/iPad. Under a new menu, option ‘Reports’ you can view all your SQL reports on you mobile IOS device. We still have several ideas how to make this feature even more powerful and are open for feedback by our users. Therefore we’ll make this functionality only available under a special sneak preview option for now.

How to get started with dashboards on your IOS app:

1. All the SQL Reports shown on your Exact Synergy Enterprise homepage are available on your IOS app as well. So before you start, make sure you have the reports available on your Exact Synergy Enterprise homepage.
  2. It’s a sneak preview and you need to link the role ‘Sneak preview iPhone’ to your person card to get the dashboards available on your IOS app.
  3. Your Exact Synergy installation must be up to date (update in October2011 or later) or the mobile server files are installed manually (read more about this here)
  4. You are ready for the Action! Good luck and happy apping!

If you already use the Exact Synergy app for iPhone, you will be notified by the App Store to update the Exact Synergy App. If you are a new user, you can download the app here.

Tags: , , , ,

• Martijn Logtenberg

Hi Martin, always good to read goods news, when i read yout post i became very enthousiastic about the report dashboard feature.

I updated the webserver today, but i am not able to assign the Sneak preview iphone role to myself. Because it is not there as a role.

Can you advice?

Hi Martijn,

You need to create the role yourself.
    Make sure the name matches the one mentioned in the blog and it should work fine. Looking forward to your feedback.

• Martijn Logtenberg

Thanks Martin, I’ll do that and let you know.

• Martijn Logtenberg

Hi Martijn,

I love this feature, thanks for supplying it in this new release.

I have installed this on both Iphone as Ipad. I see that on a I Phone because of it’s size it renders the overview differently than on the Iphone. So in my opinion some overview are very good readable on ipad but lesse on iphone, unless you want to zoom in andout.
    So i wonder i you could suplly guide lines for creating the overviews within SSRS. FI the with and hight of a report?

At this moment it only gives you the overviews as you have set them up in your personal homepage. So wanting to see all kinds of reports i have to link them on the homepage. But now when going to synergy it takes a while rendering my homepage because of all these reports.. So i don’t think this is the best place for storing your reports for the iphone and ipad.

Kind regards

Martijn

• Martijn

I just read the releas of the android app, and i saw the feature for entering hours:
    “Easily confirm and enter billable time which will directly enter the billing process”

Can i make the request for having this also available in this app?

I think it would be good if the two apps are in sync (more or less) with functionality

K.rgds.

Martijn

Hi Martijn,

the feature for Hour entery is also available on the IOS App. With the Hour Entry role, thise feature will become available to you.

The availability of dashboards to be shown on your iPhone/iPad is a great new feature that I cannot wait to use! Time stamps is a nice feature that Web Mobile had, so I am glad we added it! The login is simplified, and I have been able to login as different users to test licensing.

• Arno

I think it is great. It works smooth.

Only one thing; when I use free fields in requests for an extra employee field, it does not recognize that I want to see a employee selection field.

Is this an issue in our configuration or a general issue?

Hi Arno,

thanks for the feedback. What you mentioned as known. This is how it was in first version of the iPhone app as well and we will adjust in a next version.

• John Darnell

In comparing the iPad and Android apps: the timestamp does not appear above the keyboard on the android app like it does on the iPad app.

• John Darnell

Sorry – I just realized that the android app is only version 1.0.2(B32). Are you planning on keeping the iPad and Android apps in sync or will the android app tend to lag behind in development?

Hi John, We want to bring the Android app up to par with the iPhone app. the apps will again get focus next year!

• John Darnell

Martin – That is great to hear. I’m very impressed with the iPad/iPod/iPhone app. As we implement ESE, these apps are important to our sales force. Many of them are trying to travel without full laptops in favor of tablets in order to lighten the load. Do you expect to create a native Blackberry App? Many of us are still using Blackberry Phones and a few have the Blackberry Playbook.

Hi John,

thanks for the nice words. A Blackberry app is not in the planning, but your sales should be perfectly able to work with the mobile web version instead. This version does not have all features as the apps though.

• Stephan ten Kate

One but I encountered:

The app does not seem to consider the security levels of accounts: employees with a lower security level can still see accounts with higher security levels.

In Synergy Enterprise this functions perfectly, on the iOS app it does not.

Hi Stephan, we recognize this behavior and adjusted the behavior already. It will be available in the next update of the app. We are now planning when we can launch the new update of the app which should not take too long.

• Stephan ten Kate

Hi Martin,

Good to hear, looking forward to the update :)

• TKNIM

I keep getting connection errors while connecting to e-Synergy build 397 (397100301) from my iPad

Using the Synergy URL in my browser works fine, so it isn’t an issue concerning misspelling of server name or my iPad not able to reach the server at all due to network configuration.

Anything I am missing? Should it be configured on the server-side? Or should I point the app to a specific web adress (file) rather than the root Synergy folder, which I use in the browser.

Hi, I have created a support request for you and our support department will contact you about this issue. Would be nice if you can share the outcome of it.