Calendar management: Synergy in your Outlook appointment

You are planning a meeting with a prospect. Once you set date and time, you plan the meeting in Outlook and invite the prospect at your office. Also 2 colleagues of you will join the meeting. Sounds simple, but if you want to register this visit in Exact Synergy Enterprise and link it to the prospect card, it is time consuming.

Calendar management is a simple feature that can help you with this. When you plan your meeting or appointment in MS Outlook, you can link the prospect in your Outlook appointment. When the appointment is created in MS Outlook, it will be synchronized to Synergy and the prospect will automatically be linked. Besides the account, you can also link a contact person or a project.

For more information, take a look at the release note or watch the video (1.57 minutes)

Tags: , , , ,

A new feature that I can use everyday! I will mostly use this with project that I track on a daily basis.

• Guido Theunissen

Can anybody tell me if this feature requires further customizing within Outlook or Synergy. I updated to SE 247 en installed the SOI within MS Office 2007. I checked the appointment feature but I do not see any options to link the customer, contacperson or projects.

Thanks in advance for your input

Hi Guido,

there are some requirements to use this feature. main requirement is that it only works in combination with Exchange 2010. You need to define this in the HRM settings. When this is correctly setup, the fields should be availble in the Outlook appointment.

to also get it work, you need to make sure you have update your service which integrates Exchange 2010 with Synergy. When you do an update of Synergy, this is not automatically updated.

• Dave van Diepen

I like this new feature. What is the vision of Exact about reserving meeting rooms? We use an item with serial number for it in Synergy but Exchange offers also this kind of function.

• Dave van Diepen

Is there any method to synchronize the contact persons in Synergy with Outlook? So by selecting the relation which you want to synchronize or maybe in a deeper level the contact person.

• Ronald Voets

@Dave van Diepen: yes, go to outlook, TAB called Synergy, click More>>Download contacts. This is assuming you have Synergy Enterprise.

• Dave van Diepen

@ Ronald Voets: And how about Outlook to Synergy? For example when you edit some contact information of a contact person in Outlook? And the new contact persons?

• Ronald Voets

@Dave: You can go to Outlook, TAB called Synergy,go to my work>>My accounts, edit the contact card. Then it’s changed in Synergy so you can sync it afterwards, if needed, with your Outlook contacts.
    Since the Synergy iPhone/Android app was introduced, I don’t sync any contacts anymore from Synergy to my local outlook address book since you can access that data so easily via the app

• Andrew Thornthwaite

Martin, this is a really cool feature. What about if you are inviting multiple contacts from multiple companies and multiple staff members. Can you add them all into Synergy, from the MS Outlook screen.