Dear Android user

Since the introduction of the iPhone app last June, you were asking me time after time when we are ready with the Android App.

Well, let me tell you that last couple of months we have worked hard on the Android app, with the goal to build a native App with the same user experience as the iPhone app.

Looking to the first feedback from my colleagues at Exact who are already working with the Anroid App, it looks like that goal is achieved!

The Android App looks like the iPhone App, but in fact is a brand new product. It is nice to see how well the native Android behavior and navigation is appreciated by its users.

The Android app is almost ready now and we are running some final tests.

I expect to App to be available in the Android market within a month and I will update you via the blog.

Thanks for your patience.

Tags: , ,

• SD Meijer

I hope it will also be available as apk-file, because some Android-devices don’t have access to the Android Market.

• Sarah K.

Liked

• Fred

it is an apk file. Just ran it as CR usr. Works great!!

This is great to hear and North America users have been asking for an Android app. I will personally be able to use it, since I have an HTC Thunderbolt Android phone. However, I do like the iPad app.

• Johnny Wang

Please let me know once the application for Andriod is ready for use.

That goes without saying! I will post a new blog when the App is available in the Market.

• David Dols

Is there a beta version that we can use for testing? We are considering options for buying hardware: Ipad/Samsung Galaxy Tab. Our preference is the Samsung, but being able to run Exact Synergy is definitely a dealbreaker…

• Robert

It took 1 min to install, and 2 min to login! Excellent, I was able to access my calendar and answer an incoming email from a colleague.

Hi David,

within Exact we have some people who are testing the app, but we not yet share it outside Exact. You can expect the version on the market soon. The Android app will look exactly like the iPhone app, So funcitonality wise this should not be a decision maker for your hardware. One that might be is that for future releases we will update the iPhone app before the Android app.

• David Dols

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply! We are currently in the process of testing the Samsung Galaxy 10.0 Tab and things are looking good, although we have encountered a glitch. Awaiting the Synergy app for Android, we are testing the use of Synergy on the Tab through the Synergy website with the standard browser for the Tab (I believe this is IE6). Using Wifi: no problem. The layouts are a bit different from the web interface compared to using a (laptop) computer, but nothing we shocking. However, when using 3G it’s a different story because I get the message ‘http status 401’ instead of the login screen or Synergy (when already logged in). I’ve asked our system administrator, but he has no clue as we are in fact able to connect to our companies’ network through 3G (e.g. secure webmail). Do you know of any issues/restrictions in Synergy that would prevent us using the Tab and 3G to connect?

Please help us Martin, you’re our only hope!

Hi david,

Synergy should work on 3G without a problem. If you encounter problems on 3G, it should have to do with the system settings.
    It can be that when you’re outside the company network, you can’t connect. I am also testing on an environment which i can only access using VPN (even when I am in the company network). This all have to do with the server settings. If your administrator needs help with that, please contact you Exact support department.

The app will be available in a couple of days :-)

• David

Hi Martin,

Thanks, you’re a hero! I saw the app on Android market, but I have not been able to download it on the Samsung Tab. First, a menu says: ‘select the device that you want to install the app on’ When I try to select the Tab it says ‘this item is not compatible with your device’…what to do?

David,

we are looking into this right now. The reason that the app is not availble for your tab is because it does not have a phone functionality. Because we offer a call functionality in our app, we have to add a requirement in the Android Market that the device has a phone functionality.

We are already looking into this and want to support tablets in the near future as well.

• Johnny Wang

Hi Martin,

I really like the app, thanks for your great creation. However I met an issue when I am testing on it.

I am using Samsung PAD and Samsung Mobile Phone to do the test.
    PAD: Samsumg GT-P7300, with Android 3.1
    Mobile Phone: Samsung i9000, with Android 2.2

For both of machines, I tested them under different networks includes internal wifi, external wifi, and 3G, the downloading/reading of workflow are OK for all networks, but the uploading/rediting of workfolw are good only for internal wifi and 3g. For the external wifi network it doesn’t work.

Could you advice me on the issue?

Hi Hanjie,

I don’t know what is going wrong there, but it should not matter whether you use 3G, internal or external wifi. You should be able to do all your work at Starbucks.

Only thing you could try is to play with the domain. Did you fill in a domain at your login details? maybe adding it there or remove it might work, but that is just a wild guess. if this doesn’t work, i guess it has to do something with your network…. but also that is a wild guess.

if the problem remains, please contact your support representative.