Exact Synergy App for iPhone and iPad in the App Store NOW

Posted on 30. Jun, 2011 by in Exact Synergy

As of this morning, Exact Synergy for Iphone and Ipad is available in the App Store. All Synergy users with an Exact Synergy environment (version 397+) or an Exact Synergy Enterprise environment (Product update 244+) can use this app for free. As of 7 October a new update is available.

As of 6 October also the Android app is available in the Android Market!

In order to use the App, you need to update your server installation to one of the versions mentioned above.

If you want to do a manual installation, please follow these steps (log-in to Exact customer portal required).

Watch the introduction video of Exact Synergy app below.  You can expect another video about the Exact Synergy iPhone app soon!

22 Responses to “Exact Synergy App for iPhone and iPad in the App Store NOW”

1. Martijn Logtenberg

30. Jun, 2011

Hi Martin,

2. Martijn Logtenberg

30. Jun, 2011

Hi Martin,

Just to let you know that the document for the manual installation is not available.

kind regards,

Martijn Logtenberg

3. Eric van der Palen

30. Jun, 2011

Hi Martijn,

The document for manual installation is available, but is part of the Exact customer portal, which requires a log-in. Exact Synergy for iPhone and iPad can only be used by companies actively using Exact Synergy, so that is why there is no direct need of having this document available for everybody to see. In your case, I believe it will also be possible to log-in with your credentials for the Exact partner portal.

Regards,
    Eric

4. Martijn Logtenberg

30. Jun, 2011

Hi Eric,

I did just that, but got the message:

“U heeft onvoldoende rechten om deze actie uit te voeren.”

I did a update of the server and that worked for me. The App looks great on iphone as well as on the ipad, i’m already playing around with it.

Cool stuf

Kind regards,

Martijn

5. Rafael Ruiz

30. Jun, 2011

Ok just downloaded and tried the app… I think it’s a very good and promising start, ….

What i liked:

1. Is and app for Synergy !!!! Cool !

2. The integration with the apple environment (i.e. when you have to choose a date)

3. Integration with maps

4. The use of the browser in accounts for “my”, “recent”, “all”

And, there is room for some improvements:

1. The main menu should be On all the time, may be at the bottom of the page

2. There is plan to include photos for resources and accounts?

3. The colors should be more Synergy… this set of colors are very dark.

4. I know it will be in future versions, but where is documents?

5. Very cool if you could integrated the visual “flow” in request..

6. What will be the real difference between Synergy Mobile an Synergy App??

In all, great work, keep going and really hope to see Version 2…

6. Darren Fessey

30. Jun, 2011

A nice little app!… took a few minutes to get it working and I think it may have a few little issues to iron out but generally it’s a nice little interface.

If I have one suggestion/wish list item for it, it would be to have at least a 4 digit pass code lock on the app.

If you have an iPhone and don’t pass code lock the phone and it goes astray (perhaps at a sales conference etc) whoever gets hold of it effectively has access to a huge amount of your company information and could also create havoc with your requests etc.

Information is power – so a little more security would be nice.

Darren

7. Martin Ortgiess

30. Jun, 2011

Hi rafael,

Thanks for your feedback and great to see you like it. for your improvement suggestions, the springboard (startpage) is always available to you. In the left corner in the bottom, you can see the black button you can use to pull it up. I think adding pictures for especially contacts and resources would be great! let me see what we can do in next version. Documents are already in the app, but only viewable via the account card. What adjustments would you like to see there?

The biggest difference between the app and Mobile Synergy: It’s an app :-). this means we can offer some more functionality, like using the camara and GPS navigation. In general we see that people are emotionally more attached to an App then a webpage.

8. Robert Klein

30. Jun, 2011

@Martin, I use both Synergy Mobile and new Synergy app on an iPad. I do like most of Rafael’s suggestions, except that I do like the dark colors :).

I would like to be able to add documents with no account attached. Then add a doc to a sales opportunity. I would like to have Opportunities added to the springboard. I know that you can currently get to an OPPT from a prospect or customer card. Then, I would also want to create an OPPT’s, edit, add notes etc.

An integration of documents with DropBox or DocsToGo would be awesome!

9. Robert Klein

30. Jun, 2011

just attached iPad Photos to an Synergy Checked Task (workflow) using Attachments! Nice :)

10. Arno

01. Jul, 2011

Looks great! Nice to play with and it really works well. Thanks!

I like the options to create a new relation or request straight from my iPad/iPhone. It gives great and fast controls to our sales teams I guess.

After the compliments another little tip or suggestion: it would be nice to control the use of the app by setting a role or something. We do need some time to rebuild some (sales) requests for better use in the app and its frustrating to receive questions wich we cannot answer yet. So we do use the app from a test environment only.

Another problem with selecting entities in requests with a selection on it, like items starting with MA (items.itemcode like “MA%”). It gives me an error “Error.. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation”.

11. Bert Zweers

02. Jul, 2011

Martin,

the app is great. I like the design, the colors and the integration with mail/www/google.
    Of course there’s room for improvement (check your mail) but for a first release it’s very nice.

Kind regards,
    Bert

12. Darren Fessey

04. Jul, 2011

One thing I have noticed is that Request Types that should be hidden as they are only used in Process Flow are showing and there does not appear to be an option of selecting a Process Flow?

We are trying to use Process Flow quite a lot as it is less limiting than a single request type. An example being for a Literature Request Process Flow that automatically generates request types for our marketing department to follow up the request would be nice to see this in the next version :o)

It would also be nice to see the Opportunities Cards in the next version – but would definitely need more security for that.

Darren

13. Thomas

04. Jul, 2011

Is this App also getting available for Android?

14. Martin Ortgiess

11. Jul, 2011

Thomas,

Yes, there will be an Android App introduced later this year.
    No concrete planning I can share with you yet.

15. Shane Wallace

11. Jul, 2011

I tried the new app on an iPad and I get an error stating “Could not determine SQL server or database”
    I did a manual installation of the files and we are running Macola ES 9.5.600 and Synergy ASP?

16. Martin Ortgiess

11. Jul, 2011

Hi Shane,

If you are running Synergy asp, couple of things you need to take care of:
    1. You need to have version 397 or higher
    2. You need to have SQL server 2005 or above
    3. in virtual directory or website, you need to have asp.net 2.0 activated.

If you fulfill all the requirements and it still doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll have someone contacting you
    martin.ortgiess(at)exact.com

17. Shane Wallace

11. Jul, 2011

Martin, Ok, we are still on SQL server 2003 will try again when we update to 2008 later this year, Thanks.

18. Martin Ortgiess

12. Jul, 2011

Darren,

what exactly do you mean with your comment that request types are shown that should not be shown? I checked some things in the app and hidden requests are not shown, as expected. When you use a request in a process flow, it does not automatically mean you cannot create it as a single request anymore.

19. Jeroen Engelen

11. Oct, 2011

Is it possible to see items in this app?

20. Martin Ortgiess

11. Oct, 2011

Jeroen, items are only visible when opening them from the request card and also then the information is very limited. How would you like to use items? What information are you looking for?

21. Erik

29. Feb, 2012

Its working with wifi at home, i can not use it with 3g it keeps asking for a password.

Whats the problem?
    Thks erik

22. Martin Ortgiess

01. Mar, 2012

Hi Erik, please contact your Exact support department. They can probably help you with this server issue. You can also take a look at this document: http://www.exactsoftware.com/docs/DocView.aspx?DocumentID=%7B0582b00f-c789-49d3-8642-683f5fde9509%7D