Our colors for this season

Written by Edgar Wieringa on . Posted in Exact Online

As you might know Exact Online recently introduced a new menu. Until now it ‘only’ came in one flavor, for one of the coming releases we are thinking of introducing more color schemes. In the following screen shots you see our first ideas, here is your chance to give feedback. How do you like them?

The idea behind more color schemes is to offer you an Exact Online which is closer to the colors you or your company likes. We very much look forward to your feedback, please press ‘Comment’ and let us know your thoughts.

Is this a style you like?

Pretty green

Is this a style you like?

Gray hot

Is this a style you like?

Blue sober

Edgar Wieringa

I enjoy building software that supports your business' goals and people love to use. Hobbies: cooking, food, travelling, reading and running. Follow my work on http://twitter.com/edjewie

• Koen Vandongen

Green is definately my favorite! :)

• Tim

I very much like the Green.
    The gray is OK, but the secondary color (pink) could be changed into something a bit more stylish.
    Daring though!

• MARK

I LIKE GREEN.
    MAYBE YOU SHOULD ADD SOME GRAS ON THE BOTTOM OF EOL?

• Martijn

First choice: Blue!
    No Go: grey / pink

Can we supply all basic colors so each customer can have their Exact Online in there own main company color?

Regards,
    Martijn

• Gerhard

I like the blue one, it’s good looking and easy on the eyes!

• Lisa

Green! very “fresh” and modern imo.

I also go with Martijn, maby a various of basic colors is nice.
    Think of yellow ( not gold ) or orange.

• Krissy

I like the blue and green one as well!
    Grey/pink is too girlish! :)

• Sander

If I have to pick 1 of the 3, then the green one.

Why not use more colors or theme’s like for example gmail offers. Gmail offers 20 different themes and 1 extra theme in which you can create your own color combination.

Then you really offer a customizable product with a personal touch!

• Dimitri

oooh, Love the gray and pink:) matches my popped collar polo shirt:)

• Brigitte

I would go for grey with black (so not the combi with pink)

Why not let the user select a color (or better even: type in a color-code) so it matches exactly his house-style?

• Emiel

I think the gray & pink version is very bold and definitely my favorite. The name also describes the style just right!

• Machiel

Gray & Pink is my first choice, the Green looks great too. Give customers more colors to choose from :)

• Edgar Wieringa

Thanks all for your quick replies, good to see your input.

@Brigitte, @Martijn and some others. My ‘dream’ is also that you are able to set the colors themselves. However with our current technology and the many internet browsers we need to support it is unfortunately not that easy. Many interfaces elements are images and not just colors set by a code. Of course that is not your problem, but it is our challenge :-) That is why we now at least aim at offering a series of styles. Secondly I also would like to make it easy for you to set a different style. To design it right you need to set a series of colors and for instance not just the color of the bar. For companies which require a truly personal style there are some options to have your own style(s).

And now for something completely different: the goal is to offer more than one new style. So you do nott have to choose one as I sometimes read, but it helps that you share your preference. I am in this just the guy who posted the blog. Our designer already concluded from your feedback: “Work to be done”.

Thanks again, it is inspiring to read your engagement.

• Martijn Jansen

Edgar, thanks for your reply. Good work in progress.

Another thought: If we support the use of Apple Safari and the usage on a Apple Mac, why not supply a fancy ‘Apple’ styled colorset?