Tell me, what would you like to do with your mobile?

Mobile devices are popular and especially for personal use, there are a lot of great apps available. Think about “Scan the barcode of a product and see the price from Internet” OR “Show me all the houses in my direct surrounding that are for sale” OR “Take a picture and directly post it on Facebook with a comment”.  Just some examples that we all know and that changed the way we do things.

Currently I am in the process of buying an LCD TV. When I am in a shop and see a TV that I like, first thing I do is grab my Android phone and see the reviews and the prices of the TV on the Internet. How on earth did I buy a TV five years ago?

Business apps

Business apps are not as common yet. One of the reasons is that you need to build an app for every mobile phone platform. So, building a native app for Android and iPhone would cost twice the development work compared to a mobile website. And users of other mobile devices still cannot use it.

Mobile Synergy is a mobile website, designed to be ‘Quick’, ‘Easy’ and ‘Sexy’. We still manage to stick to our own guidelines and continue to expand functionality and usability. Before the end of this year, I will post a cool new video about Mobile Synergy showing the functionality we will offer early next year.

How can a mobile app help your business?

Mobile Synergy is designed for an account manager. With the new release which is available early next year, we have covered most important functionality for this target user group.

We are currently investigating the next step for mobile Synergy and via this blog I would like to hear your opinion. What is the best way we can help you to improve your business with Synergy Mobile? Is it a native app (like Android market or iPhone Appstore), hour entry for service organizations, hand-terminal for order picking (warehouse management), Reports, Service call handling or …….

I hope to get a lot of feedback from all of you. It would help us to make the right decisions and hopefully eventually improve your business.

Tags:

• Maha

Hi,

does Mobile synergy works on Android Platform? I am trying to connect via a Samsung Galaxy – Mini (Android 2.1) , but returned with an error “web page not available”

• CliveB

Nice progress, cool question.

Meeting the millennial generation, the ability to subscribe to #tagged data streams. Provides the flexibility they expect without the pain of customisation.

Seesmic, Tweetdeck, and see what happens…

Hi mahalingam,

Mobile Synergy runs perfectly on an Android platform. Perhaps you typed in the wrong website. I will contact you about that. In our development environment, one of the phones we use for testing is the Samsung Galaxy S

Clive, nice to see you hear again!
    Nice feedback. let me digest how it would fit Mobile Synergy. But, this is the cool stuff, out of the box, i am looking for. Thanks

• Brad Boston

Hi Mahalingam & Martin,

What came of the connecting? I too was receiving the same message when trying to connect my Droid.

Hi Brad,

in order to use Mobile Synergy, you need to have the role ‘mobile’ linked to your resource card.
    You then key in the url you would normally use for Synergy and it works. Is this the way you tried it?

• Steve Leong

Hi Brad,

We are able to connect Mobile Synergy via Samsung Galaxy S. Here the required steps:
    a) Make sure your Synergy is using Forms Authentication.
    – Adjust your IIS to use Forms Authentication
    – Backup original web.config
    Change web.config.formsauthn -> web.config.
    b) You need to use IP address to connect instead of using your machine name.
    Example: http://10.156.186.5/Synergy/mobile/default.aspx

• Gert-Jan van Krevelen

Of course you can think of unlimited things to wish for, a good mobile website will help a lot in this.
    But for features in the app:

Workflow:
    – easier way to proces requests. The current app works imho very bad. Way too much clicks to realize a request.

– display mandatory fields in the request

– display workflow information so i can easily see where the request comes from and where its going to

Agenda:
    – Integration in the device agenda. Yes, I can synch to Exchange, and use the Exchange calender to display in my device agenda, but that’s an extra step which should/could be useless

– Display route information for all items in the agenda (eg. from current location to location of first appointment, from location of first appointment to the second appointment, etc

Account card:
    – Easy access to requests and documents of all collegues

– Start navigation from “current location” to the location of the customer

Just a few things I can think of which would make it really usefull.

But I still think that a good mobile site would help a lot.

• Dave van Diepen

I think that Gert-Jan mentioned all the things what I will need 😉

The only missing point is that it is not possible to delete appointments in Outlook and after synchronisation also in Synergy. What are your idea’s about that? Is your final goal that the Synergy app will replace the other agenda apps? Will the app have a cash memory function?

Gert-Jan,

nice feedback and I hope we can show you some need things in the next version. We are working on designs for workflow list and request cards. Maybe it’s a nice idea you’ll take a look at the designs before we start developing this.