Central master data Video

Written by Richard Smits on . Posted in Exact Globe, Exact Synergy

In a previous blog post ‘Central master data – First visuals‘ I shared the first visuals on the prototype.

As explained in the previous blog posts, we decided to start with “accounts”. Exact Synergy Enterprise is facilitating  the central place to create and modify accounts. The master data is synchronized with all Exact Globe divisions that have a relationship with the account.

To give you an introduction on the scope of this solution, and showing the first screens we created a video:

Please have a look at our video (by clicking the picture above) and share your feedback!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

• Arno

Great, this is what we need. Question: is it also possible to report in Synergy on those division specific data?

• Richard Smits

It’s possible, have a look at some of the blog posts about Reporting Services Integration.
      Next to this we are also looking into the possibilities to create some standard reports within our master data offering, but no decisions/planning at this moment.

If you have any more questions or need additiomnal information, please let me know!

Regards,

Richard

• Arno

That’s a pity…

So, when we search for all creditors for division ‘X’, we will only find the creditors where division ‘X’ is the main division?

Also in requests we use a lot constraints. Now we have all the same customers a couple of times in our database so this works for now, but it is not the way is we would like to work in the future.

• Synergy User

Hi Richard

A couple of questions if I may?

1. Is this standard functionity?
    2. It appears to work well for new accountsbuthow do you manage old accounts whereby the same accunt already exists in 2 or more divisions?
    3. Are there any additional documentation to support this functionality such as the configuration?

Kind regards

• Synergy User

Hi Richard

I am very keen to undersand if this new functionality is going to be available as standard.. we are experiancing issues with data replication using ASIMPORTand on the face of it this new functionality appears to b the answer. So I would be very grateful if you could come back with answers to my questions as soon as possible

Kind regards

• Richard Smits

Hi….,

1. Not sure what you mean with Standard. It will not be a building block, custom solutions, etc. Hope this answers the question.
    2. For existing data we have a migration tool, which we are currently testing.
    3. No documentation available at this moment, as the functiolaity is not general available.

If you want to share your issues, we can explain you if this functionailty will solve your issues. You can comment on this blog, or send me a mail (Richard.Smits@exact.com).

Regards,

Richard

• Synergy User

Hi Richard

Thanks forthe update, what I mean by standard functionality is will it be FREE?

And when do you envisage it will be commercially available?

• Synergy User

obviously not free!

Dissapointing not to have received a response tus far considering this functionality seems to be the answer to alot of our problems and likely many other customers as well.

• Richard Smits

Dear….,

This will indeed not be for free. For prices you can contact your Exact representative.

Dissapointing, do you mean you have send me an email? Or because I didn’t reply immediatelly on this Blog, because I always try to reply asap, but not always able to.

Regards,

Richard

• Richard Smits

About availability

We aim on controlled release in January. This will be an extended controlled release, meaning we will roll-out gradually. So no date yet for general availability, we will start with a small group of customers.

• Richard Smits

Arno,

Maybe a good idea, to meet? I can give you a demo, and you can share your ideas.
    Feedback is crucial, so we can take it into account when we continue extend this functionality.

Please send me an email: Richard.Smits@exact.com

Regards,

Richard

• Synergy User

Hi Richard

many thanks for your recent updates.

I am somewhat frustrated that this module will not be free and not part of standard functionality!

To me the management of Masterdata in Synergy whereby you have a consolidated environment should have been something that Exact had thought about initially. Again this is another example of introducing functionality to the customer base to overcome a deficiency in the product and then expect us to pay fo it.

I cannot see my Managing Director being happy if I ask him that we have to pay again.

I hope that once I have contacted my Exact account manager the cost of this module is resonable!