Saving time: Come out, Come out, wherever you are!

Written by Robin den Buurman on . Posted in Exact Synergy

Ever been in the situation where you wanted to create a task or something else in Synergy Enterprise which requires, for example, a mandatory account. You just viewed this account, document, project or person and want to setup a meeting with them but when you enter the meeting request can’t seem to find it? Who created it? Who is the manager? What was it exactly called again? The Synergy Enterprise search dialogs don’t have the same possibilities as, for example, the document, project or account search function. And there you go, opening a new window in your browser to start a new session in Synergy to get to the account search function and find that required account, copy the account id number, paste it again in the first browser window in the mandatory account field. Boy, that can be pretty time consuming, especially when in a hurry it looks like it takes ages, lets submit it, What? Why did they made the project mandatory to…..

Exact Synergy Enterprise 244 find in demo

To address this limitation we upgraded the search dialogs with a ‘find in’ option in Exact Synergy Enterprise release 244. This option allows us to quickly filter on “Recently viewed”, “My” and “All” Documents, Accounts, Projects and Persons (resources). Making everybody’s life easier, hopefully you enjoy it to!

This topic and demo covers the search for existing document, Accounts, Projects and Persons, wondering how you can easily work with new documents in these cases? See ‘Nothing Gonna Break My Stride’

Feedback is highly appreciated.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

• Bert Zweers

Robin,
    It is indeed great functionality. As mentioned last week, I found the latest developments very interesting and useful.

In the “enter hour” screen in Time&Billing, this functionality has not been added yet (when searching for a project for example).

Kind regards,
    Bert

• Robin den Buurman

Hi Bert,

Thanks for the notice and the positive feedback! I highly appreciate it. I was not aware of the use of a different search browser there but I will inform product owner of T&B. I am sure we have some more nice improvements for you in the future. Have you tried Mobile already?

Regards,
    Robin

• Bert Zweers

Yes, I tried it. Works great, fast and simple.

Wishes will keep coming up and if possible I will inform you and your colleagues.

One feature we already discussed is the “create a contactperson while entering a new request” – option.

This is a major improvement! I will be able to increase efficiency by not searching for accounts, documents etc. that I previously already searched for – history. Keep them coming!

• Christian Ibetsberger

I’m eager to test this in everydays work. But I’m not quite so sure if it’s that much help. Right now I search for the account right away which takes little time because I dont have to think about it. In Future I m going to first scan the list of recent accounts (which takes longer) and if it s not considered recent anymore then I switch the option and then still search all accounts. Depending how many accounts are considered ‘recent’ it might be easier just to show a few ‘recent accounts’ to be able to select one right away, but when I do use the search for accounts it might as well search ALL accounts without having to decide if its recent, my or all or having to change the search scope.

• Robin den Buurman

Thanks all for the feedback, as you can see its not easy to make an interface that suits all.

@Christian, I believe we made the solution in such a way that your recent account will show up but there is always room for improvement if needed. Please let me know what your experiences are after you used the feature for a couple of months.

• Vladimir Bataev

Bert,

for the PSA solution, there are substantial changes to the hour entry screen coming, so your concern will be addressed as well.

Thanks!

• Aimee

Can you set which of the three search options is default (my, recent, all) at the company level and/or user level?

• Robin den Buurman

Hi Aimee,
    Unfortunally that is not possible at this moment. Looking at Christian his remark it could probably improve the solution even further. I will keep this in mind.

Thanks,