Exact Synergy Enterprise is already integrated with Microsoft Exchange server for years. Purpose of this integration is to synchronize the Outlook calendar with the calendar in Synergy and to automatically create and maintain Exchange mail accounts and user accounts in active directory based on the persons in Synergy.
As of Synergy product update 244 we will support Exchange 2010. The integration with Exchange 2010 is different from other Exchange platforms:
- Integration of Outlook calendar with Synergy calendar is improved and will be near real time
- Creation of mail- and user account is supported (This feature was not supported in 2010)
Technically, the change is even bigger. The Exchange 2010 integration is based on Exchange Web Se rvices, where previous Exchange integration was based on a background job. This has a couple of advantages:
- Synchronization is near real time
- Installation becomes easier, because of MSI installation process
Integration of Outlook calendar with Synergy calendar is improved
The synchronization of the calendars is two-way: Appointments created in Synergy will create/update appointments in Outlook and vice versa. The time between creation of an appointment and synchronization is close to near time. This has the big advantage that both the Synergy and Outlook calendar are up to date when an appointment is adjusted, created or deleted. This direct synchronization means that the calendar settings for defining the synchronization range (number of days back and forward) is no longer valid for Exchange 2010 integration. (System/Setup/Calendar settings)
With Exchange 2010 integration we offer the following functionalities:
Synergy –> Outlook
- When an appointment is deleted in Synergy, it will remove the corresponding appointment in Outlook [NEW]
- When an appointment request is created in Synergy, it will create an appointment in Outlook.
- When an appointment request is updated in Synergy, it will update the corresponding appointment in Outlook.
Outlook –> Synergy
- When a series appointment or an occurrence of a series appointment is deleted in Outlook, it will delete the corresponding appointment request(s) in Synergy. [NEW]
- When an appointment is created in Outlook, it will create an appointment request in Synergy
- When an appointment is updated in Outlook, it will update the corresponding appointment request in Synergy.
- When an appointment is deleted in Outlook, it will delete the corresponding appointment request in Synergy.
The integration between Synergy and Exchange is based on Windows Services. The background job used in previous Exchange application is no longer applicable for Exchange 2010 integration. The 2 Windows services can easily be installed via an MSI installation process read.
Creation of mail- and user account is supported
Important to know for customers who are migration to Exchange 2010: The creation of mail account and user account is supported in Exchange 2010 integration (In earlier edition this was not yet supported)
Trackback from your site.