Insight in your daily business

Written by Michiel Dorjee on . Posted in Exact Synergy

Let’s start by giving you insight information about myself. My name is Sunil Girdhari and I am now working for Exact more than 8 years. I held several positions from development to sales. Since February 2010 I started in a new role as Product Manager, where my main focus is to empower insight in your daily business processes.

Every day we maintain a lot of data for different business processes. To get a good insight in these processes, the data needs to be transformed into information in such a way its ads value. Adding the possibility to create your own reports helps you to get the insight you need.

What is our vision?
To be successful in today’s competitive marketplace, organizations must extend data beyond the walls of their organization and seamlessly interact with customers, partners, and suppliers in real time. Exact Synergy Enterprise makes this possible for you. On top of this Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services enables organizations to transform valuable enterprise data into shared information for insightful, timely decisions at a lower total cost of ownership.

Integrating this tool in Exact Synergy Enterprise we can provide our users to see this valuable graphical enterprise information and give them a complete insight to make key decisions.

Why did we choose to integrate this tool in our product?

• Users of Exact Synergy Enterprise (ESE) need information to make the relevant decisions for their business in a more efficient way.
  • Reporting functionality turns data into information.
  • SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is widely accepted reporting platform within our market segment.
  • There is a technological match between ESE and SSRS.
  • There is a commercial advantage for Exact based on the Microsoft licensing model.

When can you expect this integration?
Release 243 (expected May 2010) will contain this powerful feature.

Stay tuned for more details about this integration in my next blog posts!

Tags: , , , ,

• Bert van Vreumingen

Can’t wait to have this!!!

• Scott Leete

I believe our Exact customers will appreciate the ability to leverage a technology that they already own to provide dashboards and interactive reports on data from Exact Synergy Enterprise.

• Exact User

Why wait for ESE 243? MS Reporting Services can be used now and also integrated.

• Sunil Girdhari

@Exact User, we have implemented very nice features so it’s looks and feels like a seamless integration. This week a follow up blog will be posted with some highlights of the implemented features. Stay tuned!

• Lukas Pitka

It looks great, however I have one question about licence model – will this functionality be in standard full, business and ess licence or do we have to buy some “add-on”? And another question – in my eyes it is a duplicity, similar functionality is in Exact Business Analytics module (dashboards, analytic reports). If the Reporting Services functionality will be “free” and we can use it without buying additional licence, then it’s perfect.
    Thanks,
    Lukas

• Sunil Girdhari

@Lukas Pitka, every user will be able to view reports. Maintaining reports requires a standard role “Report manager”. So beside this required role the functionality is FREE. The license model for this will be communicated soon.

The Exact Business Analytics module is not the same as the MS SQL Server Reporting Services integration, although some functionality seems similar, e.g. KPI possibilities. MS SQL Server Reporting Services supports easy, fast, flexible and graphical reports. This integration is not a complete BI/BA solution.

• Exact User

@ Lukas – I hope also like you that this will be a free enhancement to the product…only time will tell.

For me I have already integrated MS Reporting Services within ESE so although this new integration may be slicker and seamless if it isn’t free I will continue with what I have done already.

Spoke to another reseller yesterday that was interested in using MS SQL Server Reporting Services for their next demonstration of Exact Synergy Enterprise.

• Barry van der Meij

@Jeroen
    Isn’t it so that Nobel’s solution also has a complete integration for the backend where you don’t need to setup your reporting server? I’ve been told the solution features an embedded report viewer where technical security is managed by the synergy security?

• Jeroen Gruppen

@Barry, yes but only with the Synergy Enterprise environment. With Synergy Classic we still work with the ‘traditional’ reporting services installation.

If you want to know more about the differences between the Reporting Services Addon of Exact and the one from Nobel, you better check out this blog: http://nobel-development.blogspot.com/2010/03/vergelijk-tussen-reporting-services.html

It is in Dutch but if you go to this blog with Google Chrome, then you can try out their site translation service.

• Anthony

Dear Sunil,
    I made a dynamic type of reports (which means with drill down options), but when I deploy it into synergy 243, it became a static report (all drill down buttons are gone). Did i miss anything?

• Sunil Girdhari

Hi Anthony,
      No you didn’t miss anything. In release 243 we don’t support drill down (toggle). We have planned to support drill down in the next release. In my next blog I will explain what’s available in release 243 and what will be available in the next release. Please let me know if you have any other feedback. It’s highly appreciated.

• Anthony

Dear Sunil,
    Thanks for the quick feedback, hopefully it will be available soon as this is very much needed.
    Also please consider more data source type (ex: ODBC, Jet…etc) so that other data, let say from legacy system will be published thru synergy reports. best regards.

• mbt shoes

thank! for this news it’s a good infomation !