Mobile Synergy. Yes, it works on an iPhone as well!

It is Sunday night and Jaimie just visited some friends. On his way home his phone tells him that he has some new requests waiting for him. He checks his requests and sees that his manager approved a quotation. Good news, he can send the quotation to his prospect ‘Durian inc.’ first thing tomorrow.Synergy mobile on an iPhone

It is an ongoing trend that private and business live cannot be seen as two separated parts in a day. Business and private life gets more and more integrated. One of the first things when I get out of bed is checking my phone: what’s in my inbox? Later, I check my workflow on my laptop. Also the number of emails that I send at night which are replied per instance increases almost by the week. So, something is changing.

Al the different kinds of communication make it much easier to communicate when you want, how you want and with whom you want. Today, most important communication methods are email, Mobile Phone, Social Media.

Mobile phones are already widely used today, but usage of it will continue to grow big time coming years. It is not new that mobile phones can do much more than only phone calls, but with the introduction of the iPhone the world of mobile phones changed. The mobile phone became easy to use and the number of functionalities on it seems to be endless and is still increasing every day.

Using the mobile phone as platform for a business application is powerful. Combining the functionalities available makes the options unlimited. With Mobile Synergy we start making use of this platform and its possibilities.

Mobile Synergy is build to support Jaimie doing his daily work. Jaimie is account manager, has a Nokia E72, and for him to most important information in Synergy is his workflow and everything related to his accounts. For Jaimie it is important that working on his mobile is simple and only relevant information is shown.

Today Jaimie is working with the Nokia E72, but we are convinced he will start using the iPhone or Android in the near future. Mobile Synergy works on all modern smart phones, touch and non-touch. Yes, also on the iPhone. As a guideline, modern phones are phones manufactures last 18 months.

With product update 243 we deliver the first version of Mobile Synergy, where you can expect more to come later this year. I am looking forward to your suggestions and feedback.

Curious how we helped Jaimie, watch the video introduction!

• Andre Speek

My first reaction: “Duh… was about time…” but yes, this is going to make many customers happy ! Again a great addition for this release.

Now hurry up and make it available for us :)

• Christian Ibetsberger

That’s good news. We are currently in the process of aquiring a project where mobile access (with iphone and others) is a must-have. We have tested mobile access with Windows mobile 6.5 phones which worked already (it switched to a mobile startpage). But Iphone and others did show the regular startpage which was basically nice on a big screen but functions did not work.

Can you provide us with more informationen about what works already or what will be constraints to consider also in 243. What information will be accessible? We have a presentation beginning of May – will a prerelease be available for Exact partners?

• Ronald Voets

@Christian What will be offered, in short, is:
    – Workflow
    – Accounts and contacts
    – Opportunities
    All in read-mode, so no editting or creating (yet!)

Synergy Enterprise 243 will go into controlled release in April. All Exact partners and controlled release customers can download it and test-drive it themselves. To download Synergy Mobile, you’ll have to start SynergyProductUpdater, specify assortment as SynergyMobile, release=243 and off you go (start your regular Synergy URL, followed by /Mobile so i.e. http://www.mysynergysite.com/Mobile).
    This is just a short answer, we’ll provide you with more documentation of course.

• Heiko van der Vlugt

As an addicted iPhone users I prefer a native IPhone app as we have in review now @ Apple. This app also works on e-Synergy as wel as on Synergy Enterprise.

We also offer agenda functionality as you can see on our demo movie on our site.

Next release we will also offer update options, so it will be working within Synergy data on a native iPhone app.

I just tested Mobile Synergy (ESE 243) and I was able to go to a contacts LinkedIn profile on behalf of our social media (external references – 242) link! Awesome!

• Sebastiaan Barlo

This is great news! Well done.
    Sounds like a very good start to me. Creating and editing in 244? 😉

• Steve Leong

Synergy Mobile definitely will make Jaime happy 😀

Mobile Synergy in 243 is only the first step and we continue to add new functionality to it. in 244 we want to enable some editing and add document to it. Others is based on feedback of our users in the coming period.

• Scott Leete

Created & Editing of account/contact information, workflow and opportunities are all critical for a CRM type user. Documents could be useful to view, but less useful to create on a mobile phone environment. At least from my perspective.

• Exact User

Just use opera mobile. It can render full version of synergy…

• Anthony Cusack

I agree with Scott & others, the ability to update, create and actively interact with the content, rather than passively read is essential.

As for having a Native App or a URL, just add the bookmark to your home screen then you have a button on the iPhone as a quick link.

Next week product update 243 goes into Controlled Release and will have only read functionality.
    Product update 244 we focus on editing request and perhaps create a new request

• Bill

Does it work with Blackberry browser?

Mobile Synergy works fin on all modern smart phones, including Nokia, Blackberry, Android, Windows Mobile and IPhone.

• Jose Luis Costa

Help me!! I don’t get to work with Mobile Synergy with my Blackberry 8520, It say me “Error 401: Sin Autorización”

• Radika

It’s a great step forward into the right direction!

Absolutely agree that it would be more valuable if you can create/edit.

Even though it is still in it’s infancy, I do hope that the usability factor is taken into considerations during development. IMHO, the current way of navigating between screens need to be improved.

Hi Radika,

thanks for the feedback. Last period we have been working to improve exactly on those things you mention in your reply.

We have adjusted some usability features and more important you can create a task, and realize, reject, proces a request.

More things have been improved and will become available in product update 245 (first quarter 2010). You can expect a new post from me soon.

• Carolien

Hi, tried Mobile Synergy on the Samsung Galaxy Tab yesterday but couldn’t access my workflow etc. Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab already supported?

Hi Carolien, I don’t see a reason why it should not work. Though we have not tested in on the Galaxy tab yet, i am confinced it works. I would love to take a look. Am an Android fan and happy to see an adroid tab, instead of ipad…

Carolien, I received my Galaxy Tab today. What a nice device :-). Ofcourse one of the first things I did was to play around in Mobile Synergy. it works perfect. If things don’t go as expected on your Tab, let me know and we can take a look at it.