Preview of OCS presence in Exact Synergy Enterprise

As described in my previous post Feedback on enabling OCS Presence within Synergy Enterprise, we are currently working on enabling presence with OCS within Exact Synergy Enterprise.

OCS (Office Communications Server) is a Unified Communications (UC) platform and helps you to make intelligent decision about how and whom to contact. Exact Synergy Enterprise is the central work environment within an organization, and enabling presence strengthens this position.

Enabling OCS presence within Exact Synergy Enterprise, can limit delays in your day to day work. Because you can easily see who is available and how you can reach him. Communication becomes much faster and will enhance collaboration.

To give you an impression on what it will look like, we offer you this preview. This preview briefly shows you what we want to offer our customers. This functionality is expected to be available Q4 2009.

Photo credit: Mugley

Tags: , ,

• Remco Kroes

Very interesting. I can imagine this will speed up processes, for example: I’m having the customer calling; on the account card I see that account manager is online; I can re-direct customer to account manager or send IM to get instant feedback on a customer related issue; or can inform the client that account manager is not available this week; so I do not have to waste customer time in re-directing to voicemail , etc.

• Aimee

I like it!

Awesome, cannot wait to use this! I am constantly looking at someones status, their calendar. Could I see their status somehow from the calendar view? From their resource card could I see if their manager was available or subs? Also, what if I were on a customer card and the customer was linked to a reseller, could I see if reseller was logged in and communicate to them? I know the reseller could have multiple contacts, but lets assume one person is logged and I wanted to communicate to them.

• Gilbert

cool!

• Wei Yi

Great one! I like this feature. Convenient to start up communication and viewing one’s availability via Synergy. For me, if the communicator allows sending offline message, it will be greater!

• Vladimir

A good example of integration of 3rd party technology into Synergy-specific context.

• Scott Leete

We have had demands in sales cycles for true presence awareness. I am curious though what the overhead for an SMB is for OCS. I do not know of any companies that I have worked with that have it in place.

• Regine

Hi,
    this is really cool!
    Congrats!

• Jo-An

This is indeed a very cool feature. It works obviously with the Outlook calendar. Question: how does the Synergy calendar / planning relate with this?

• Barry van der Meij

Today we started using this part for one of our divisions. We our using OCS quite intensively and this integration brings us great improvement in our processes.

A nice example is the situation where someone recieved a task from a collegue, the task wasn’t very clear and normally it would be rejected or remarked. Now the question can directly be asked by an IM or communicator call.

If the user uses the setting which stores the communicator history in outlook this conversation can also be used to track back the conversation.

Hopefully this functionality will be followed by new office integration for creating documents, integrating agendas and further colleboration. Just as Microsoft’s stretegy with Office 2010. Looking forward to that!