Exact Globe: How to use multiple addresses in a sales order process

Written by Michiel Dorjee on . Posted in Exact Globe

In the sales order process within Exact Globe, users can define different customers for  ‘Ordered by’, ‘Delivery to’ and ‘Invoice to’.

Now think about the following scenario: you’re a supplier and regularly selling to a customer, where this customer has a lot of branches. The customer orders the goods centrally and requires:

• the delivery to be done to one of their branches
  • the order confirmation be sent to the email address of the contactperson at the branche.
  • Receive the invoice electronically via an email to purchasing department at the headoffice, not to the branche
  • As a supplier, you do want to keep your own  CRM system tidy, define as little customers and contacts as possible, but still be able to define exactly what addresses are relevant for this customer

The video shows how Exact Globe can support this scenario. It’s a step-by-step demo, without sound. For better readibility, please click the icon at the right-bottom corner of the video, to maximize the screen. Note that this is current functionality, I used product update 393 for the demo.

Photo credit: Trevor Gibbs (John)

Tags: , , ,

• André van de Graaf

Great, nice way to show new functionality. I hope to see more in the future.

• Sanja Djuretic

Great article and great movie. I think this is perfect way to present both new functionality and “how-to’s ”.

• Huub van Langerak

Excellent way of demonstrating functionality and “How to”. We need to have more of this. The only thing now to work on is a voice over explaining the steps….

• Andries Warreman

Super feature: please make this available for customers a.s.a.p.!

• Andre Speek

Looks like a nice tool Ronald… Installing it right now… Thanx for pointing it out… :)

Right now I see only one video on the youtube account. What’s your expectation on the upload for the next weeks?

Cheers, Andre

• Ronald Voets

@Andre: Thanks for the kinds words, much appreciated. This way of documenting product features for the users and other public, is new to us and that’s why it’s very encouraging to see all the positive reactions so far. I certainly intend to start using this a lot more, so stay tuned (or rather: make sure you have an RSS on this blog)
    Ronald

• Ger

Hello Ronald,
    Compliments on the way you showed this functionallity. I’m looking forward for new video’s.

I have one a bit offtopic question. You mentioned you made the video with communityclips, but how did you add the text with it (it makes it a lot better especially for those who are hearing impaired)?

• Jo-An Steunenberg

This is good functionality, what often stays hidden for customers. Videos are a good way of communicating and would be great to have this kind of communication as online help files. I do prefer sound, by the way, someone explaining it to me (preferably in my own language!)

• Ronald

@Ger: Adding text balloons to the video and defining a start-stop moment for each balloon, is standard functionality within Youtube…very nice feature if you ask me!

@Jo-An: fully agree that having sound makes the video a lot easier to understand. The clip above was the first one we made using MS Community clips. As usual with new software, I didn’t spend a lot of time reading the helpfile so that’s why the sound isn’t there. Every other video we published since, does have sound.

• Jos Smits

Did someone also listen to the recorded sound. I think this should be removed or replaced with some easy listening music.